Birthday Passion Cookie Cake: Celebrate With This Yummy, Easy Treat
Happy Birthday, Cookie! According to veterinarian, after Cookie’s first trip when she was found on the street, Cookie was born sometime around September 1st, 2016. Since we don’t know exactly when she was born, I figured we should play it safe and celebrate her birthday during the entire month, haha! Lucky kitty! In honor of her 5th birthday, she got herself a nice can of tuna and then I made some yummy Birthday Passion Cookie Cake minis for us humans.
When it comes to birthday cakes, I love pretty much any kind of cake. However, my absolute favorite is a chocolate chip cookie cake! I knew I wanted to have that as the recipe this month, but it wasn’t enough. I needed to elevate it just a little bit. On top of my favorite cookie cake recipe, I decided to try making a buttercream with Valrhona Passion Fruit White Chocolate. If you don’t know Valrhona, it’s one of the best chocolate companies in the world and is made just outside of Lyon, France. It turned out so well! A friend of mine, Zaina, came over for a little baking session this month. I tried out the recipe with her, she loved it, too! I highly recommend giving it a try! When the cookies were finished, I decided to take a photo with Cookie. This is how it turned out:
Without further ado, here is this month’s recipe: The Birthday Passion Cookie Cake. All of the ingredients and equipment have links you can click to find them on Amazon. Passion Fruit White Chocolate isn’t easy to find! If you have any questions, please let me know! Also, don’t forget to check out the recipe video for extra help!
Birthday Passion Cookie Cake
- In your stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, instant coffee, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter & sugar mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Butter the sides and bottom of a muffin or mini cake tin/pan.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tbsp size), scoop 2.25 tbsp/60 grams in each muffin/cake well.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes at 350°F/175°C.
- When cookies are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool over a wire rack.
Passion Fruit White Chocolate Buttercream
- Place the passion fruit white chocolate over a double broiler and carefully melt the chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using your stand mixer (or a hand mixer), white the softened butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla until just combined.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, 1/3 of the mixture at a time. Whip until combined each time.
- Add the melted passion fruit chocolate and whip until combined
- Add the coconut cream and whip until combined.
- (Optional) If the buttercream is too soft and doesn't hold it's shape, slowly add more powdered sugar until it does.
- Transfer buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a wide circle piping tip.
- When the cookies are completely cool, pipe the buttercream on each one to create a nice pattern. (See instruction video)
- Top each cookie cake with a spinkle of crunchy chocolate pearls.
- Serve and enjoy!
See you all soon,
Joshua & Cookie