S’mores Cookies Recipe: How To Make This Simple Summertime Treat
A taste of summer without even leaving your house
I’m so happy to share this S’mores Cookies recipe with you all! This recipe also kicks off our 12-month project full of recipes, cat art, and fun. Be sure to follow us on Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok for more Madame Cookie content!
This month’s theme is “Last Days of Summer,” and we are having so much fun! It started off with a story about Cookie trying to do some camping at home.
However, things didn’t go as well as she planned! The indoor and pet-safe campfire I made was not actually working, of course. As a result, we had to find a new way to enjoy some S’mores at home. Look at that disappointed little face!
S’mores Cookies recipe at home
When I think Summer, I think S’mores around a campfire. Even though this Summer wasn’t actually warm or sunny, I wanted to have this seasonal treat! I was in the supermarket recently and I came across actual mini marshmallows. That’s a rare find here in Europe, so I snagged a couple of bags. All the other ingredients are basic baking ones you probably already have in your cabinet!
The only special tool you may need is a kitchen torch, but there are ways around that. You can place the marshmallows under the broiler in your oven, for instance. If you don’t have a small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop, just use a normal spoon and try to make even balls.
This recipe also freezes very well, just make the cookie dough balls and place them in the freezer until you need to bake them off. Perfect for a snack after school/work!
Hope you all enjoy this recipe, let me know if you have any questions or if you try it out!
Cookie Dough Prep
- Cream together butter and sugars. (Go for about 10 minutes on full speed for best results)115 grams Butter, 50 grams White Sugar, 100 grams Brown Sugar
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined.1 tsp Vanilla Extract, 1 Egg
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.240 grams All-Purpose Flour, 5 grams Baking Powder, 2 grams Salt
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, mix until just combined.
- Add 140g of chocolate and stir in.
- Using a 1.5-tbsp cookie scoop, form dough balls.
- Using your thumb, create a well.
- Insert 3 mini marshmallows per cookie and seal the cookies shut.
- Roll the dough balls in the rest of the chocolate (except bottom of cookie).
- Place dough balls in container and store them overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Bake cookies for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Place some mini marshmallows on a heatproof baking tray/mat and brulée them with a kitchen torch.
- Place 3 toasted mini marshallows on each cookie.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt on the top. (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!
See you all soon,
Joshua & Cookie